Sly's DOJ Build

Members Batmobile Build logs
slysnake

Sly's DOJ Build

Post by slysnake »

This is going to be a continuation of the DOJ build thread from the old forum.

So, things have gotten crazy in the last year so there hasn't been much opportunity to work on the build. As you may know, my wife is Hawaiian, and we always spent time there with her family. We have a house there and my wife wants us to live there for most of the year. I think we may wind up living there in the winter and here in the US midwest in the summer. (Our kids still live here) So I may not have as much time to work on projects as I once did.
slysnake

Re: Sly's DOJ Build

Post by slysnake »

I've been working on the front wheel covers. These have turned out to be the most difficult molds to make so far. Smaller size than the other molds but lots of tricky curves that made it harder to place mold flanges.

Here's some pictures of one of the plug molds before any prep work

And here's a pic of part of a flange being installed

Here's the finished molds

And the mold after separation from the plug

I used a different material for the lines this time. It's like a talcum powder material the fiberglass supplier recommended. It was a lot easier to get nice lines. We'll see how strong it is. But the lines turned out great. Tried to get some close ups of the lines here
Big Bozo

Post by Big Bozo »

Looks like you've been working while you were gone. :D
slysnake

Post by slysnake »

yeah. This took way too long to produce. I have been babysitting the 5 year old on weekends and it seems to rain every other day. Hard to find time to work on it.
lilboatsman

Post by lilboatsman »

Whoa! Those are awesome! Good to see some more of your build.

It's more work but you can replicate the parts much more easily this way. Looks great!
"The will to act."