Fumbler Build

Members Batmobile Build logs
lilboatsman

Re: Fumbler Build

Post by lilboatsman »

The kids and the manager don't like to get involved with such things. I can't blame them, but my oldest is 10 and he needs to start learning how to clean my tools if he's ever going to learn how to use them.
"The will to act."
lilboatsman

Post by lilboatsman »

Since this build is going to focus on the interior much more than most Tumbler builds, I'm trying to figure out how to reproduce a few items. Right now it's the floor.

You can see in the first picture of the movie interior, and on the 1/24 Jada model, it seems to be a sort of stamped metal. Is that what it looks like to you guys?
inside-the-tumbler.jpg
Jada Toys 2.jpg
"The will to act."
lilboatsman

Post by lilboatsman »

I may be able to use truck bed repair panels to create some of the look, but I don't know how I can completely recreate the floor.
Truck Bed Panel.jpg
"The will to act."
lilboatsman

Post by lilboatsman »

Some molded floor mats may also be useful, but I'm afraid that any sort of color adjustments would just peel off.

I wonder how hard it is to create my own custom molded floor mat? Hmmmmm
s-l1600.jpg
"The will to act."
Big Bozo

Post by Big Bozo »

Come to think of it, I can’t seem to remember any home made Tumbler in the past having any movie like interiors.

Will yours be the first to be screen accurate or try?
WAR Machine

Post by WAR Machine »

Hey lilboatsman.

I know the feeling as Im also want to make sure my interior is just as pleasing but also usable, comfortable and functional... :lol:

I suppose maybe try and play it out in your head. If the truck bed panels are used, would the contours not cause a slight interference with your feet at the pedals?
***Passion and Creativity is what sets us Apart...***
lilboatsman

Post by lilboatsman »

Stamped metal panels may cause interference. I guess that would be a quirk of the original, but it didn't matter since the center lever was supposed to control thrust instead of a conventional floor pedal. Definitely not going that route.

I'm now thinking about making a big one-piece rubber floor mat that will replicate the look of the floor while providing more grip than slippery metal. Silver rubber with black accents in the right places.
"The will to act."
WAR Machine

Post by WAR Machine »

That could work too...
And I suppose it would also open up some space around the cabin...
lilboatsman

Post by lilboatsman »

Big Bozo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:57 pm Come to think of it, I can’t seem to remember any home made Tumbler in the past having any movie like interiors.

Will yours be the first to be screen accurate or try?
I think a few have planned to make it happen. The Zuncreation build in Thailand is probably the closest. Their steering wheel is fantastic.
Interior 1.jpg
Interior 3.jpg
The main issue always comes down to cabin room. If you build it with driveshafts down the center of the car with a V-drive, it eats up so much space. Also, everyone wants that full rear axle articulation so that they can jump across roofs and stuff.

Not me.

Many 89' builders have done a good job recreating the interior and some of those parts can be hard to find. A fairly screen accurate Tumbler interior should actually be easier than an 89'.

I plan to give the cabin all the space that it deserves.
"The will to act."
WAR Machine

Post by WAR Machine »

Thats good to hear man and Im sure you will achieve the desired look and outcome you want...
Looking forward to this coming together...